- Mediator 2014 , Finnish Bar Association
- Bar Examination, Finnish Bar Association, 1998, 2010
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Helsinki School of Economics, 1997
- Studies in Economics Wirtschaftsuniversität
Wien, Vienna, Austria, 1996
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), Helsinki University, 1994
- Vocational Qualification in Business and Administration (Accountancy). Hyvinkää Business College, 1989
- Finnish (native), English (good in written and spoken language), Swedish (good)
- 2018 – JS Legal Consulting
- 2013 – 2018 Attorneys-at-Law Jari Sotka
- 2003 – 2013 Law Offices Jari Sotka.
- 1997 – 2002 Attorneys-at-Law Krogerus & Co, Attorney-at-Law. Main areas of practice: European and Competition Law and Telecommunications, as well as business law, contracts, and technology and IT law.
- 1996 – 1997 MedEvacOy, lawyer and Partner.
- 1991 – 1996 Partner and legal counsel in a number of small to medium-sized companies.
- 1989 – 1990 Finelor Oy, Sales and Marketing
Mr Sotka holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) and a vocational qualification in accountancy. I believe that this additional
knowledge of business and accountancy gives added value to the client. Clients benefit from a lawyer’s sound knowledge of business, accounting and financing when dealing with legal issues, as these fields cannot in practice be separated.