Our pricing is based on the time used in accomplishing the assignment and an hourly fee. All price information and price estimates are always quoted without value-added tax (VAT), so VAT at the rate in force must be added when appropriate.
We usually invoice for our services on a monthly basis. Our terms of payment are 7 days net. Penalty interest is levied for late payment under the provisions of Finland’s Interest Act.
For new customers, we usually charge an advance payment in line with the fees and expenses incurred by performing the assignment.
Hourly rates range from 230 to 300 euros per hour plus VAT, depending on the nature of the assignment. Higher prices are charged for assignments that are exceptionally demanding or urgent.
At the client’s request, we can also agree on special pricing principles, such as a fixed fee for a specific assignment. Whenever possible, we give a price estimate of the probable cost of an assignment.
We always charge the client for the direct expenses and official fees incurred in accomplishing the assignment.
Mr Sotka has acted as a legal counsel and Attorney-at-Law for business corporations and law offices, and currently in his own legal practice, for over 15 years. Since the beginning, the operations and services we offer have focused on the legal services needed by companies. Our clientele consists of Finnish and international companies, small and medium-sized manufacturers, IT and technology companies, family-owned companies and small business owners.
We also represent foreign companies in their investments and operations in Finland. This includes drafting commercial contracts, including joint ventures, different consortium agreements and contracting and sub-contracting agreements, and also procurement and delivery agreements.
We advise a number of Finnish IT and technology companies on a continuous basis in matters relating to IT and IPR, joint ventures and consortium agreements and financing, as well as in matters relating to European law and regulatory issues. We also represent clients in Finnish courts and before competition and regulatory authorities.
In order to succeed in our work in these areas of expertise, we must understand our client’s business operations, operating environment and current situation. This is essential for us to offer the client the exact legal services needed.
- Mediator 2014 , Finnish Bar Association
- Bar Examination, Finnish Bar Association, 1998, 2010
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Helsinki School of Economics, 1997
- Studies in Economics Wirtschaftsuniversität
Wien, Vienna, Austria, 1996
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), Helsinki University, 1994
- Vocational Qualification in Business and Administration (Accountancy). Hyvinkää Business College, 1989
- Finnish (native), English (good in written and spoken language), Swedish (good)
- 2018 – Almgren & Sankamo Law Offices
- 2013 – 2018 Attorneys-at-Law Jari Sotka
- 2003 – 2013 Law Offices Jari Sotka.
- 1997 – 2002 Attorneys-at-Law Krogerus & Co, Attorney-at-Law. Main areas of practice: European and Competition Law and Telecommunications, as well as business law, contracts, and technology and IT law.
- 1996 – 1997 MedEvacOy, lawyer and Partner.
- 1991 – 1996 Partner and legal counsel in a number of small to medium-sized companies.
- 1989 – 1990 Finelor Oy, Sales and Marketing
Mr Sotka holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) and a vocational qualification in accountancy. I believe that this additional
knowledge of business and accountancy gives added value to the client. Clients benefit from a lawyer’s sound knowledge of business, accounting and financing when dealing with legal issues, as these fields cannot in practice be separated.